Dear EDS Middle School Parents,
We are so excited to offer for our second year the EDS Clay Target Shooting Team (CTST). This is a coed team competing against other middle school students in the Georgia Independent School Association (GISA). We need to get things rolling for the Fall 2020 season. In order to plan for coaches we need to know who is interested and/or absolutely participating on the CTST by May 20th. Please contact Coach Trey Hargrove if you are interested in having your child participate. Participation on the CTST will not interfere with participation on any other EDS Fall athletic team.
The following is some basic information about team participation and expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions.
- Must have completed a state-affiliated Hunter Safety Certificate Program before August 1st, 2020.
- The season runs from August-November.
- Once a week at Pinetucky Gun Club (on Deans Bridge Road, roughly 20 minutes from EDS)
- Must attend at least two practices per month
- Day & time to be determined on what works best for everyone
- Parents are responsible for bringing students, ammunition & shotguns to all practices & meets (NO firearms or ammunition are allowed on the EDS campus).
- Once a month on Tuesdays @ 1:00 pm at Pinetucky Gun Club
- Usually lasts 3-4 hours (50 skeet, 50 trap, 50 sporting clays)
- Parents are responsible for bringing ammunition & shotguns to all meets (NO firearms or ammunition are allowed on campus)
- If available, the EDS bus will provide transportation to meets (parents will be responsible for picking up students after meets)
- Parents are encouraged to attend all meets
- Shooters must provide their own eye protection, ear protection, shotgun, and meet ammunition
- EDS will provide a shooting pouch & team jersey
- EDS will pay for meet registration fees
- EDS Team Hat $20
- Practice range fees $12/practice
- Practice ammunition costs $5/practice
- Meet ammunition costs $50/meet
Please contact Trey Hargrove with any questions and confirmation of participation NO LATER THAN May 20th, 2020 at 706-833-3885 or at firstname.lastname@example.org