Required Back to School Forms 2020-2021
Required back to school forms are available on the BigSIS parent portal now. Parents must sign into the portal to complete forms online here and download and print the physical form and others as needed.
Please note that students may not start school until all required forms have been submitted.
If you have enrolled your child(ren), but have not received a signup link, please email Stephanie Woodward with any questions.
Suggested Reading/Accelerated Reader (AR)
Questions about Accelerated Reader? Email Karen Dye.
Suggested Reading Lists of Award-Winning Books:
- Caldecott Medal Award – Awarded to the most distinguished American picture book for children published that year.
- Theodor Seuss Geisel Award – This award is given annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished American book for beginning readers published during the preceding year.
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal – This award is given annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) to the most distinguished informational book published during the preceding year.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Award – This medal is awarded to writers or illustrators of children’s books published in the United States who have over a period of years made substantial and lasting contributions to children’s literature
- Book Lists – Included in the book lists: Award lists, genres, read alikes, readership-targeted lists, specialty lists, values, authors, read aloud, school subjects, and themes
- James Patterson’s ReadKidDoRead.com – Books are categorized by age
- Newbery Medal Award – For the most distinguished contribution to American Literature for Children
- Georgia Children’s Book Awards
- The Coretta Scott King Book Awards – This award recognizes outstanding African American authors and illustrators and is awarded for books about the African American experience.
- The Pura Belpre Awards – Is in recognition of a Latino or Latina writer and illustrator whose work best portrays the Latino cultural experience in a work of literature for children or youth.
- Children’s Notable Lists – Includes books, videos and children’s recordings
- Young Adult Book Awards and Booklist