After School & Enrichments
Auxiliary programming at EDS consists of before and after school care, enrichment classes, and summer camps. These programs are designed specifically for children in preschool through eighth grade, and are continually evolving based on family needs and student interest.
The Before/After School Program provides a well-staffed, fully-equipped child development program that strives to create an environment which will enrich each child’s physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development by providing a secure, caring, and stimulating program.
After School is open from 12:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. according to the school calendar. Our programs offer a fun, creative, and active environment for the students of Episcopal Day School. We offer different scheduling options for all of our students in order to fit the needs of the parents in our school community.
Classes are divided based on grade and enrollment. Typical class breakdowns are as follows, Young 3s and 3s Gingerbread, PK Gingerbread, Young 3s and 3s Napping Lunch Bunch, PK Non-Napping Lunch Bunch, Kindergarten After School, Grades 1-2 After School, Grades 3-4 After School, Middle School After School. The class breakdowns are subject to change with enrollment.
After School Options & Pricing
Early Birds: Monday-Friday, $70/month
Lunch Bunch – Young Threes, Threes, & PK
- Lunch Bunch 3-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-3:00 p.m. $150/month
- Lunch Bunch 5-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-3:00 p.m. $220/month
- Lunch Bunch Drop-in $20/day
Gingerbread – Young 3s, 3s, and PK
- Gingerbread 3-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-6:00 p.m. $209/month
- Gingerbread 5-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-6:00 p.m. $315/month
- Gingerbread Drop-in $28/day
After School – K-8
- After School 3-Day (K-8th) 3:00-6:00 p.m. $128/month
- After School 5-Day (K-8th) 3:00-6:00 p.m. $205/month
- After School Drop-in $18/day
All of our After School programs have a drop-in option. To be eligible to drop in, you must:
- Have your child registered with EDS After School by completing this form. You do not have to choose a regular schedule, just select Drop-in.
- All after-school and enrichment communication should be sent to Ms. Amy Kendrick at email@example.com and must be received by noon the day before care is needed. Day-of requests will not be accommodated. If you need immediate assistance, please contact Debbie Wren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the drop-in fee which will be billed monthly on TADS. The drop-in rate will be charged if there are variations to the regularly scheduled days for which your child has been registered. A twenty-four hour written or emailed notice MUST be given for drop-ins, which are subject to availability.
Each staff member has been carefully screened and selected on the basis of educational background, training, and experience. Staff members have training in CPR, first aid, fire and safety procedures, and symptoms of child abuse. All have completed the records check required by the State of Georgia.
Bright From the Start
The Episcopal Day School’s after school program is exempt from Bright From the Start licensure due to the following criteria being met:
- Section 591-1-1.46(b)(2) and Section 591-1-1.46(b)(3)
A copy of our exemption notification is posted in the front office, and in the Auxiliary Programs office. If you would like more information regarding the exemption please reach out to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
Spring 2023 Enrichments
Sessions available from January 23 – March 30
Register online and see more information through this link for the following classes:
Preschool Martial Arts – Mondays
Preschool Soccer Shots – Tuesdays
Preschool Arts and Crafts – Wednesdays
K-8 Martial Arts – Mondays
K-2 Soccer Shots – Tuesdays
K-3 Arts and Crafts – Thursdays
Martial Arts with Sensei Broadwater III will be held on Monday afternoons. No previous experience is necessary! Students should wear clothing they can comfortably move around in, no skirts or dresses, please. Parents will be invited to the last class to watch a showcase of their student’s new skills.
Soccer Shots offers a developmentally appropriate curriculum emphasizing character development and soccer skills. The program teaches ball control, the use of both feet, starting and stopping, and changing directions.
There will be no enrichment classes on Tuesday, February 21.
Spring Music Classes
For more information or to register, please email Amy Kendrick.
Piano and violin lessons
NEW* Viola and Cello – weekly group lessons ($200/student for 12 lessons)
NEW* Weekly Group Ensemble – open to all students who play a string instrument
Summer @ EDS 2023
Click here to go to our Summer Camp webpage.
Summer @ EDS is a 6-week summer camp for children 3-12 years of age. Every day, students participate in games, arts and crafts, outdoor play, technology, special activities based on the week’s theme, and additional rotations of activities.
In addition to Summer @ EDS Day Camp, we also offer specialty camps where skills can be honed in one specific area of interest.
All of our summer camps are open for all children in the CSRA. Campers do not need to attend Episcopal Day School to participate in our summer programs. Our 2023 themed and specialty camps run from June 5 – July 28.