Before and After School Center
The Before/After School Program provides a well-staffed, fully-equipped child development program that strives to create an environment which will enrich each child’s physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development by providing a secure, caring, and stimulating program.
After School is open from 12:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. according to the school calendar. Our programs offer a fun, creative, and active environment for the students of Episcopal Day School. We offer different scheduling options for all of our students in order to fit the needs of the parents in our school community.
Classes are divided based on grade and enrollment. Typical class breakdowns are as follows, Young 3s and 3s Gingerbread, PK Gingerbread, Young 3s and 3s Napping Lunch Bunch, PK Non-Napping Lunch Bunch, Kindergarten After School, Grades 1-2 After School, Grades 3-4 After School, Middle School After School. The class breakdowns are subject to change with enrollment.
Karli Babylon Murray
Director of Auxiliary Programs
EDS Faculty since 2021; 6 years prior experience
B.S. in Hearing Speech and Language Science, Ohio University
M.S. in Outdoor Recreation, Ohio University
- 5 Day Early Birds Only $70/month
Lunch Bunch – 12:30-3, Young 3s, 3s, and PK
- Lunch Bunch 2-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-3:00 $124/month
- Lunch Bunch 3-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-3:00 $150/month
- Lunch Bunch 5-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-3:00 $220/month
- Lunch Bunch Drop-in $20/day
- Combination Lunch Bunch and Gingerbread $275/month
Gingerbread – 12:30-6, Young 3s, 3s, and PK
- Gingerbread 2-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-6:00 $155/month
- Gingerbread 3-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-6:00 $209/month
- Gingerbread 5-Day (3s-PK) 12:30-6:00 $315/month
- Gingerbread Drop-in $28/day
- Combination Lunch Bunch and Gingerbread $275/month
After School – 3-6, K+
- After School 2-Day (K-8th) 3:00-6:00 $86/month
- After School 3-Day (K-8th) 3:00-6:00 $128/month
- After School 5-Day (K-8th) 3:00-6:00 $205/month
- After School Drop-in $18/day
Young 3s-PK Schedule
|Time||Young 3s LB and GB3||3s LB and GB||PK LB and GB|
|2:45-3:00||Get ready for snack and LB Dismissal|
|3PM Carpool||Students listed as LB will be ready for 3pm Carpool|
|4:00-6:00||Activities and Outside Space Rotations|
|Time||AS – K||AS 1-8 (In their groups by grade)|
|4:00-6:00||Activities and Outside Space Rotation|
All of our After School programs have a drop-in option. To be eligible to drop in, you must:
- Have your child registered with EDS After School. You do not have to choose a regular schedule, just select Drop-in.
- Notify the Director of Auxiliary Programs at least 24 hours in advance by e-mail to Karli Murray (email@example.com) or phone (706-733-1192).
- Pay the drop-in fee which will be billed monthly on TADS. The drop-in rate will be charged if there are variations to the regularly scheduled days for which your child has been registered. A twenty-four hour written or emailed notice MUST be given for drop-ins, which are subject to availability.
Each staff member has been carefully screened and selected on the basis of educational background, training, and experience. Staff members have training in CPR, first aid, fire and safety procedures, and symptoms of child abuse. All have completed the records check required by the State of Georgia.
Our teachers and staff use positive strategies to encourage appropriate behavior. For preschool students, the EDS preschool discipline policies apply. For lower and middle school students, the after school program follows the Levels of Unacceptable Behavior that is appropriate for the student’s age. These methods are consistent with how teachers manage their classrooms during the day, and After School Teachers are in close and constant communication with the day time teachers making sure we are focusing holistically on each and every child.
Every effort is made to assist children with their homework. After School teachers are not trained tutors, but will be sure to provide a quiet supervised environment for students to work on their homework.
Three-year-olds through Kindergarteners are not permitted to enter or exit the program classrooms without an escort.
Children must be picked up promptly at the closing time of the program in which your child is enrolled. Children who are not picked up on time will be charged a fee of $10.00 per each five minutes after the closing time.
The Before/After School Center Director can be reached during the hours of operation: 10:00 p.m. through 6:00 p.m. One can also call the front office by dialing 706-733-1192 or by email.
Any changes made to your child’s enrollment in the Before/After School Center require a 2-week written notice. Parents are responsible for keeping the Director of Auxiliary Programs advised of any significant changes, such as work locations, emergency contacts, family physician, etc.
In the event of an accident requiring professional emergency treatment, the policy of the Episcopal Day School is to first contact a parent. If a parent cannot be reached, the child will be taken to the nearest hospital emergency room. If the child cannot be moved, an ambulance will be called. Permission is hereby given by the registered parent (guardian) for medical care and treatment, use of anesthesia, and/or operation for the child if deemed necessary by a physician approved by the authorities of EDS.
Bright From the Start
The Episcopal Day School’s after school program is exempt from Bright From the Start licensure due to the following criteria being met:
- Section 591-1-1.46(b)(2) and Section 591-1-1.46(b)(3)
A copy of our exemption notification is posted in the front office, and in the Auxiliary Programs office. If you would like more information regarding the exemption please reach out to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.